The Geeky Meme: Late Night Gamer Confessions

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eve_leroux/11059797596/

I've had a love affair with gaming since before I learned to read. I remember, at only 7 years old, playing the Atari for hours. Frogger, Pong, Pitfall, Keystone Kapers, Centipede, Space Invaders and Pac Man to name a few of the faves. When Nintendo hit the market I was obsessed with beating Super Mario, defeating Bowser and saving Princess Peach. Lots of late night tortillas and salsa binges in the dark, lit only by the video game on the TV screen. Being a huge fan of the Horror genre, I, of course had the Nightmare on Elm Street game, too.
Then executing every fatality in Mortal Kombat on my younger brother who swore to never play with me again on the Sega. Later, along with the classics, I was addicted to playing Xena on the Play Station and on to Wrestling, Battlefield and race games on the Xbox to finally The Sims on my PC before I discovered SL. Discovering online gaming opened me up to a lot more. I was on WoW for over a year and recently SWTOR. I've tried a few RPG games recommended by my more experienced gamer friends like Mass Effect and Skyrim, though I've not finished them as yet and have more fun playing with someone else who can keep me from getting lost. I said I love them, not that I'm awesome. :p

Now, after my dorky confessions of everything you never wanted to know, here are my answers for Berry's new meme of the week:

  1. What do you consider yourself to be? Geek? Nerd? Dork? None of the above? All of the above? I am a Dork. Yes, with a capital D.
  2. What was the first computer you ever owned? 2001 Gateway computer when they still had retail stores. I'm actually only on my second computer.
  3. When and how did you first get on the internet? At my first office job, during breaks of course, solitaire FTW
  4. Which geek fandom do you subscribe to? I love to read supernatural stories. My fave books are usually vampires, witches and werewolves. No glittery vamps though. Even though I do like Twilight, Edward was a wimp of a vamp and Bella was a whiny twit. 
  5. Star Trek or Star Wars? Star Wars, although, Chris Pine has me way more interested in Star Trek these days :D
  6. How Geeky Are You? 37% hmm, I think that is for the nerds

Socks: SYSY's-OverkneeSocks-Lavender for SLink feet - Geeks 'n' Nerds
Shirt: coldLogic shirt - toye.alpha
Pants: coldLogic jeans - calle.alpha
Hair: Exile::Party Girl

Decor
11th Hour: Garmers Creed Gaming Chair - Fabric - Geeks 'n' Nerds
11th Hour: Retro Gaming Console  - (aka ATARI!!!) - Geeks 'n' Nerds
[tea.s] Puzzle Cube Chair - Mixed - Geeks 'n' Nerds
Sari-Sari - OMG!!! Posters! - Game Controller RARE - Geeks 'n' Nerds
Collage -  Flower Power Shelf - Geeks 'n' Nerds
The Secret Store - My Bomb Friend - Blue - Decor - Geeks 'n' Nerds
Wimey: "A Different Kind of High" Shroom (Green) - Geeks 'n' Nerds
Alouette - Ctrl Alt Delete Key Rack - Geeks 'n' Nerds
*Second Spaces* geeky powerstrip with cords - Geeks 'n' Nerds
*Second Spaces* geeky game controllers - Geeks 'n' Nerds
:CP: Earnst TV (photoshopped in a screenshot of the original Frogger)



3 comments:

  1. "Even though I do like Twilight, Edward was a wimp of a vamp and Bella was a whiny twit." Shirtless wolf dude (whatshisname) fangirl detected :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, only when his shirt is off...

      Delete